78 / 100
Family Law
Home / Practice Areas / Family Law

Family Law Attorneys

Trusted Attorneys Serving Tarrant, Dallas, Johnson and Ellis County

At Crocker Russell & Associates, we understand that going through a divorce, custody or child support litigation is stressful and highly emotional.  Our goal is to provide guidance to all of your clients to get the results they deserve.

  • Our attorneys are experienced and qualified to handle family law cases.
  • We understand the difficulty or complexity that family law cases can bring, and will aggressively advocate for your interests on your behalf.
  • Our office will work closely with you to finalize your case as quickly as possible.

Types of family law cases we handle

If you are interested in adoption, our family law attorneys will assist you with the complicated process from start to finish.  Whether you are a step-parent, grandparent or a foster parent wanting to adopt a child, we can help make your family whole.  We will work with you to terminate the birth parents rights and make sure there are no future issues with custody going forward, assist you with any home studies and attend the final court hearing with you.


Texas law states that you may be entitled to receive spousal maintenance if (1) your spouse has been convicted or received deferred adjudication for a family violence offense against you or the other spouse’s child within two years of the filing of the divorce or while the divorce is pending; or (2) your marriage has lasted for at least 10 years and the you lack sufficient property or income to provide for your reasonable needs AND you are either a) disabled or b) primary caretaker of a disabled child, or c) lacks earning ability to provide for his or her minimum reasonable needs.  If any of the these situations applies to you, contact us today at (817) 482-6570 to meet with one of our family law attorneys.


Texas distinguishes between a parent’s rights and duties and a parent’s visitation schedule.  Texas law presumes that it is in the best interest of the child that both parents are named as joint managing conservators.  Typically, only one parent is given the right to determine where your child lives and what school your child attends.  Our family law attorneys will make sure you are given rights to your children.

If you are the primary conservator, you are typically entitled to receive child support payments from the other parent.  Texas law sets out a guideline of child support that the other parent should pay to ensure that you are getting a fair amount.  If you are unsure if you are either receiving the correct amount of child support or if you think you are over paying, our office can calculate how much monthly child support should be paid.  

Texas is one of the few states in the United States that is a community property state.  Property that is acquired during the marriage is considered a part of the marital estate.  However, there are a few exceptions to this law.  When you are going through your divorce, the court will divide your assets in a just and equitable way.  Typically, you will be entitled to 50% of the marital assets.  The specific facts of your case will determine if you are entitled to receive more or less than 50%.  In order to make sure you receive what you’re entitled to, make sure to hire one of our experienced family law attorneys.  Contact us by completing the online form or call us at (817) 482-6570 to review your case with an attorney today.

Possession and Access

One of the most contentious issues in a divorce or custody case is how much visitation each parent gets with the child.  Although the law allows for the parents to make an agreement regarding visitation, the Texas Family Code does have a standard possession visitation schedule for the non-primary parent.  Like with any other issue before the court, the Judge will make sure the visitation schedule is in the best interest of the child.

Protective Orders

If you are a victim of family violence and your life is in danger, call 911 immediately.  Once the police arrive, make sure that you ask law enforcement for an emergency protective order.  Texas law allows an individual to get a two year protective order if family violence has occurred in the past and is likely to occur in the future.  Do not hesitate or wait too long to contact our office to file your Application for protective order.  Applications for protective orders are time sensitive matters. 

contact our experienced family attorneys

At Crocker Russell & Associates, we handle all of our cases with urgency.  We make our client’s a top priority and will keep you updated every step of the way.

  • Our initial consultation is free.
  • We offer payment plans.
  • We speak Spanish
  • Contact us today to schedule your free consultation or call us at (817) 482-6570.

Frequently asked questions about family law

After our office files your Original Petition, you must wait 60 days to finalize your divorce.  However, there are some very limited exceptions to the 60-day cooling off period. 

If your ex is behind on child support, our attorneys can file an enforcement petition.  There are serious penalties to not paying your child support on time, including but not limited to fines, jail time, suspension of your drivers license and more.

Assuming the non-possessory conservator doesn’t have any other children to support, you are entitled to the following:

  • 1 child – 20% of net monthly  income 
  • 2 children – 25% of net monthly income 
  • 3 children – 30% of net monthly income 
  • 4 children – 35% of net monthly income
  • 5+ children – 40% of net monthly income

Speak to an Attorney

Schedule your free case evaluation today